Overview of the Website
Purpose: this website was designed to be the central repository of all SciMaTech information and contains three basic types of information:
- Opportunities including internships, jobs and other programs
- Calendar of events including deadlines for opportunities
- The website automatically generates a weekly email in MailChimp that is based on the latest news and opportunities.
- Outside organizations can submit opportunities which are rerouted to the appropriate staff member before being added to the website
- There is a table of opportunities that students can search
- There are several admin tables to allow easy updating of the content
- The main issue is that the website is not being used. For example, in this week's JR email - two items that should have been on SciMaTech website - an Engineering virtual summer camp with an application due date of this Friday and the need for STEM projects judges - were not.
- Does the website work the way we want it to work? What would make it easier to use?
- How much involvement should students/staff have
- Who is the driving force managing it all?
Proposed Future Activities
- Identify and hand over student responsibilities to rising Seniors
- Identify roles for Ms. Adewoye, teachers and parents for next year
- Clearly define how the website supports SciMaTech activities from a high level. This is the entire board.
- In detail, review of the website and develop specifications for what we want the site to be like next year - students and Ms. Mettler